The Expendables: Short review for the hungry addled brain.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 Posted by Dils
I'd watched the Expendables last weekend.

Warning: May contain spoilers. Nothing major though. 


I give it:

4 out of 5 sambal explosive rating. Explosion aplenty with a few generous shots of heads being shot to bits.

5 out of 5 of Pure Cheese.The amount of one liner that is just that is staggering.

0.5 out of 5 tender meaty goodness of a sirloin steaks in term of how bad the dialogue sucks.

1 out of 5 stacks of spaghetti, just how flimsy the plot are. It seems like the plot is being put there as an afterthought to mask the real reason of the movie - Blow stuffs up.

2 out of 5 fried wonton goodness, on the limited screentime and capabilities shown by Jet Li. Dissapointing.

3 fried chickens out of infinity, the number of hot chicks shown. Though seeing Charisma Carpenter name on the credit, made me squee like a Buffy fan nerd should.

1 Ramly Special Beef Burger - The amount of time you would finish a burger would be almost equal to the amount of time Bruce Willis and Arnie make their appearance here. (Unless you are a slow eater, and if you are why are you eating a Ramly burger slowly. Ramly burger is meant to be eaten while hot!)

Ok. Can't think of any food related things to relate to this movie. Basically go for it for the explosions and just don't pay attention to the dialogue or you will cringe, cringe, cringe. I thought right, I went for exactly that and went out of the cinemas satisfied at seeing all these 80s and 90s actions stars in one film.

And since people are comparing these 3 movies earlier on... I have to say personal preference goes like this. 

1. The Losers - Most of the characters are awesome or likable. And I like that fight scene in the rundown hotel. I have a girl crush on Zoe Saldana, so I maybe a bit bias.

2. The Expendables - Everything is fast,fast,fast. I am beginning to hate the slow motion things action movies got going on, and it just showed how incredibly hard the actors/stunt makers must work to choreograph the fights. The actors seems mesh well with each other. And the scene where Jason Statham give an ass kicking to the domestic abuser and the gang, while pointless is awesome.

3. The A-Team - The action is good. But I mostly hate the characters which is why I like it the least. The Mr.T subplot is tedious, Bradley Cooper and Jessica Biel story need not be there nor that they have chemistry. The only thing I like there is Liam Neeson (maybe because I am still madly in love with him after watching Taken. That movie is THE AWESOME). Mostly, I just can't remember how the story goes. It just shows how forgettable the whole thing are.

Ok stopping now because it may lead to a review of the A Team.
Labels: