#015 - Living in Klang Valley

Monday, August 2, 2010 Posted by Unta@Jitra
Sorry for the lack of post recently (by me). Got nothing to share resulting in a halfway written post every single time. Yeah nothing really interesting things to share.

So this year, it is my 5th year living in this central region. 4 and a half years in KL and the rest in Putrajaya. My achievements? Well I know the roads in KL, planted like Google Maps in my head. How about visiting places of interest in KL? That's the issue here.

We'll start by the famous Point of Interest in KL (that I've never been there before).

1) Muzium Negara - Never been there. I tried so many times during weekends to be there but always ended up going to malls and Jalan TAR instead.

2) Istana Budaya - Been dreaming to get a ticket for Puteri Gunung Ledang musical. No gang means no go.

3) Balai Seni Lukis Negara - I'm no artist. I can't even appreciate abstract art and whatnot. But to be there at least once, maybe I can get to know how artist mind works.

4) Lake Garden - AKA Taman Tasik Perdana. I've been to the neighboring Orchid and Hibiscus Garden but not the Lake itself. Is there anything interesting there?

5) Tugu Negara - National Monument. Sigh I guess I'm not patriotic enough to visit this place. Someday, with my arsenal of cameras, I will be there.

6) Dewan Filharmonik Petronas - Been wishing to visit there at least once, you know like enjoying some live orchestra or something. Up to date, the closest place I've been is at the PETT foyer.

7) Pusat Sains Negara - Too far maybe (alasannn). I planned to be there during the recent Leonardo Da Vinci showcase but got last minute change of plans.

And I'm proud to say that the places not listed above, I've been there :)

I always thought that KL is a bit boring but man I was wrong. Boring in the sense of visiting the same malls over and over again. So for those living in Klang Valley, appreciate KL and go visit those places. What you think all those attractions are for old people only ka? Hahahaha

So fellas, if you do have some serious plans to go in the place listed above, ring me. The more the merrier.
Labels: ,
  1. hari tu bukak star ke ape, ade pasal muzium negara... mcm dh wat renovation sume, and pasal preservation barang sume.. macam sangat menarik... jom buat rombongan cik kiah pi muzium negara

  2. Aku duk plan nk gi muzium ,tak pegi2 jugak. Baru2 ni ade macam showing untuk keranda, so aku macam malas.

    Balai Seni penah pegi, time tu ade showing untuk world best ad poster, Top 100. Menarik jugak tengok. Tapi pening woooo.

    I think untuk Balai Seni ni, kena pergi untuk certain showing kalu tak macam pening tengok gamba/lukisan in thousands. Aku penah puke lepas balik dari art gallery kat glasgow. Too much visual. Hahahahaha.

  3. no 1: pernah pergi masa kecik2 dulu (sekolah rendah). dah besar ni memang tak pernah jejak pun. huhu..

    no 2: tengok PGL musical di sana. yay!

    no 3: tak pernah pegi jugak

    no 4: err.. tak ada dlm memori. means tak pernah pergi lah kot?

    no 5: pegi masa sekolah rendah jugak

    no 6: tak pernah masuk gak. penah pegi galeri dia jer..

    no 7: pusat sains negara ni sama dgn planetarium ke ek? kalau planetarium penah la pegi masa sekolah rendah dulu. huhu..

    but then again, i dont live in kl. so kire ok la kan? ;)

  4. Showing keranda kat muzium tu dah habis. Pleased to say memang best! Display tak banyak, tp kira comprehensive, informative and well-designed. I think diorang tukar kurator tu yg elok sket.

    Pameran hantu yg dulu tu mak datuk ... tension. Beratur jer lebih, isi tarak. The longest rant in my blog was actually on the museum. *grin*

    I am not an artsy fartsy person either, but I would say the Balai Seni Lukis is a good place to go. Visit their website for certain special exhibitions; most of it is worth going. Like the one on Japanese innovation; so cute and yet practical items. Even if you don't like abstract stuff, there are lots of other things to see.

    Oh, and I enjoy running up and down the helical stairway of the BSLN like a demented three year-old. That is always fun.

  5. 1) last pergi adelah 20 tahun lepas kot? tak ingat dah bile.. hehe..

    2) pernah lah gi tengok teater sekali dua and buka puasa kat restoran kat situ. food die not bad~

    3) tak penah terpk nak pegi.. tapi maybe akan melawat kalau ade any special exhibitions in the future :)

    4) lake garden pergi last year mase terry fox run. sebelum tu pernah kot gi sekali je.

    5) tugu negara memang langsung tak penah gi. penah tengok signboard die je kot :P

    6) ni kalau aku x penah pegi memang nak kene sepuk lah kan? tapi penah masuk 2-3 kali je kalau dapat tiket free :P tak bape suke sebab kene terlalu beretika~

    7) last pegi mase darjah 6 kot sebab parents bawak.

  6. Aku sendiri yg asal kl pun dah berbelas2 tahun tak pegi tempat yg ko sebutkan tuh. haha