Sumbat, Sorok, Selit... Sampai Sendat

Friday, July 30, 2010 Posted by Soraya Zainal
I am sorry for the lack of updates. It has been two straight Thursday without any blog post now. 

I should not make any excuse as I am the one who said that we can write a consistent post once a week, but as my job grows more demanding as days goes by... I succumb to the pressure. Only Dils is the consistent blogger here, so I know if we got that advertisement cheque, she deserved to get the biggest slice of pie. Heheh...

* * * * *

Ranting ahead, my office now is undergoing audit for 5S implementation. I understand that the origin of this practice are for the factory and warehouse to keep their files and tools in order. Its objective to get everything indexed, labeled and filed are good, but when they want to implement 5S in an office, it surely a hassle.

Sometimes, they do not even understand our nature of job before criticizing our lacked of  "5S" attitude. I am working in a fast-paced department where letters, contracts, fax documents, catalogues, proposals are our bread and butter. How can we function without them? *sigh*


Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu and Shitsuke 
NOT
Sumbat, Sorok, Selit... Sampai Sendat 


Do you expect us to change the file label and numbering daily? The effort and time taken to print and cut the label for these numerous files should be used to generate more profit for the company. Besides,  as we on the business lines are the one who provide the revenue to sustain the expenses for the support services (to pay the 5S auditor), you should be able to cut us some slack :P

This is my workstation

Do you actually believe that someone can actually work in a workstation that neat? No paper and pen out of place and not even any files in sight... It is too neat for me, maybe not for you though. Heheh...

But, I rebelled by not removing all the personal items and souvenirs from display. We shall keep our hypocrisy at a safe level, right?



... and yes, I love my flowers on top of the CPU. If you say that I will be more depressed with a serabut* workstation, you haven't see my car or my room yet... and I think the 5S auditor will run for their life if they were to inspect my wardrobe :P

*they still call this serabut and it will make me murung -_-"
Labels:
  1. No one. I'll say. No one. Boleh celen my wardrobe in term of messiness. Bukak closet boleh tumbling out the baju2.

    Tadek masa nak lipat okeh. Nanti lipat, still kena keluarkan utk iron jugak. So baik lah gumpal aje. Hahaha

  2. this 5S thingy is shitty.. ske ati aku la aku nak ada kaktus atas cubic aku, dia bg extra oksigen..

  3. dils: for that reason, i hang all my clothes. memang malas gile ok nak lipat baju.

    hahaha. i'm also shitty in 5S. I work best with messy workstation. another point of view with 5S is when you have multiple confidential documents and you displaying it, neatly stack it and label it, doesn't that inviting lots of preying eyes to songlap all those documents?