2010 Hot Air Baloon, Putrajaya

Thursday, March 25, 2010 Posted by Soraya Zainal
This is the second post I wrote for this blog today. My first post is wiped out. Don't asked why...

* * * * * * * * * *

After so much hooha I heard from the first Hot Air Balloon event, I decided to attend the event this year at the last minute. A friend of mine managed to drag me out of my comfortable bed on a nice Saturday afternoon.

The fiesta was held at Precint 2, Putrajaya near Monumen Alaf Baru from 18th to 21st March 2010.  Upon seeing the banner, I cringed.

1 World, 1 Malaysia, 1 Fiesta

Why must every tagline started out with the number "1" nowadays? "1" is overrated. Okay, don't kill me... it is just a matter of preference... no?

We arrived at the spot at at 5.15pm and no hot air balloon was visible as all the balloons were still inflated. Only helium balloons of Mickey Mouse and Hello Kitty were everywhere being sold by the street vendors. If I was 20 years younger, I will surely bugged my parents to buy it for me.

Following the throngs of DSLR owner, we get to stand nearby the arena. I choose not to enter the field for Photo Ops as I only owned a P&S camera, not cool enough to mingle with the DSLR owner at the field. Hehehe...


When we arrived, the pilot (as what the DJ pronounced) with their team were firing up the inflated balloons. It was not an easy task, I can assure you. It took about 15 minutes for every balloons to be filled up and we saw the pilot expertly glided the hot air balloons to the sky. It was a pretty sight and for me who loves height and adventure, I feel so jealous of people who can really be up there.

Brilliant colours!



My favourite balloon. Cuteness to the max!



My second favourite balloon.

Looks like an unhappy bald man on a beach vacation.

I love it, but I could not capture any better picture of this balloon.

A helium balloon was trying to steal the limelight. Heheh...

Last picture before I left Putrajaya.

From what I read on the blogosphere, there were many other balloons that were not available that afternoon. I saw pictures of Nescafe mug balloon, Levi's jeans balloons, Darth Vader (OMG!) balloons and many more...

We did not wait until the night show because the arena was too crowded and we were dehydrated.  We left around 7pm before the night show began. Yoda did attend the night show, so if he is nice... he might be sharing some of the fireworks and night show balloons picture next week :P *hint*hint*

I was tempted to get on the hot air balloons, but after seeing that the balloons that was available for public ride were tied to a controlling rope and we can only float for 20-35 meters, I lost my interest.

Will I attend the event next year? Maybe no, because the crowd was overwhelming and  the traffic was so bad (and I did not own a big ass DSLR camera). But, if they let the hot air balloons for public ride to fly free without the rope, I may consider my decision again. Heheh...




Soraya will upload some of the camwhore pictures taken during the event at her personal blog, sorayazainal.blogspot.com. It was too bimboish to be posted here :P


Labels:
  1. mula2 tak jumpe mana tmpt nak komen. so used to having it at the end of the blog. heheh.

    anyway, cantiknye belon!!

  2. hermm...

    this is a weird place to ask somebody, but Nadia J, adakah kamu juga previously known as Classy?

  3. Anonymous

    OMG. ni camne leh kenal lak ni? hahahaha. oh hai nia - that is dils. hai dils, this is nia.


    HAHAHAHAHAHAH :P

  4. nasik is overrated. hohohoho~

  5. OMG! Dila, kamukah itu? cik DaRn SwEeT Thing kah? hey kamu! Sayalah Classy itu! hehehe :p

  6. yeah, yeah. tis is me. Hahaha... mesti adek gelak tengok nick.

  7. Anonymous

    HA HA HA. HA HA HA. HA HA HA.

    damnnnn dilssss!!! that's sooooo cheesy!! HAHAHAHA....

    *siyes aku gelak guleng2.*

  8. Isn't it.....

    Totally lame and lulzy.


    Hahaha. Ah well.