A Glass Half Full, or a Half Empty?

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 Posted by Anonymous

I am going to talk about glass today. No, not the texture of the glass, neither how it was made from sand. I am going to talk about people, context, and its funny correlation with human.

After nearly a quarter of a decade living, I only give up on one thing - human. Every person I met have different perspective; different context. That I can get. What I cannot get is how ignorance people are when they are being given another perspective. So, instead of giving perspective every time, now I mostly hear what other people have to say.

There's three type of people I've met when it comes to perspectives and context.
  1. Those who embrace changes and saw the differences or new ideas as something that's thought provoking.
  2. Those who reject the new ideas; who saw it as something inconvenience; blasphemy.
  3. Those who pretends they embrace the context, but they actually not.  Worst, some of them even backstabbed you with curses and blasphemy.
Those who falls under category #1 is those who embrace knowledges and take it as their glasses are half empty. Once it is about to be at the limit, they change their glasses (or context) to a bigger one so that they can appreciate everything that they just learned. 

Those who falls under category #2 is those who rejected knowledge and are not willing to expand their context (or changing their glasses to a bigger one). Their usual reaction is denial and rejection.

Those who falls under category #3 is the hypocrite. They take something when it gives benefits to them, and they reject something which is an inconvenience for them. But what worst and make them difference than category #2; they have the hearts to use your perspective to backstab you - and gain some advantages over you. That is a real WTF people.

Example 1:
Somehow; someway; arrogance seep into him / her and he / she adapted the "holier than thou" attitude.

When I say that he / she is changing for the worst - he/ she denied it and stop being friends with me. They also tell people that I'm liberal and "sampah". Whoa~ I was shocked.

Ironically, these are the people who once said that "hey, you're my best buddy / best friend forever / BFF" and shit.
Example 2:

He / she have problems in relationship. Cliche, I was always being the reference point when anyone have problems in love or relationship. LOL.

So I give him / her the thoughts of my mind. How worst his / her spouse can be. How good the thing actually is because their relationship is one-sided in a way. At least that's how people looked at them.

You know what's the usual responses?

"I know that , but..."

Damn. Sometimes I just hate "the but". You asked for my opinion and yet you have "the but" and can't move on?

*~sigh~*


Changes are hard. Changes are challenging. Sometimes we don't see what we do wrong, or what we missed when we let the problems blinded us.

But when people told us about it, take some time to consider the other options. Take some time to weigh in the other perspective. Take some time to  gain your courage to move forward.

Because in life, if you want to grow; you need to learn and face challenges.  

Remember, the glasses were made from sand. They have been heated, processed, and face many things to change them into something shiny and useful. That's the lesson for today. 

Be a glass that's half empty; not a glass that's half full.


What am I preaching here? I also don't know. Go troll it. I just think it is appropriate to motivate people in the middle of the week with some thought-provoking concepts. If you're feeling down or weak, read this; learn something; and face them. Good luck!


P/s: No, I haven't updated my blog. Maybe I'll post the same thing there.
  1. mengapakah yang bermain di kepala saya apabila membaca post ini adalah gelas besar di kedai snubby? huu.. ok iknow my mind has a mind of its own. (apakah?)

  2. I know but..... You don't understand! (cliche enough?)


    Ah well, those relationship advice thing seems to be over for me.

  3. Tapi..saya nak air dalam gelas tu boleh? haus... =P








    okay2, true comment, best! puitis aa kau ni :D

  4. I'd rather say, "There is still half glass to full." :)

  5. Anonymous

    nia: HA HA HA. big glass is fain too :P
    dils: cliche cliche. it seems over for me too :P
    dy: nak air? sila2...wat macam rumah sendiri hehehe :P puitis ke? LOL.
    iceroll: :)

  6. menulis kat sini rupanya T_T wahaha..abes blog ko nanti idup lg ke x? kalau nak menten sumer ke sini pun ok kot dek.

  7. Anonymous

    jamie: blog aku still idop. ape2 aku post sini aku post sana gak nnt :P

  8. "I know that , but..."

    Sometimes people already know the answer -deep within their thought and feeling.. They are not really looking for an answer by the way..
    They just want someone to agree the "answer" that they put in their thought.

  9. ohhhh skrg baru aku paham kenapa aku terbayang kedai snubby! kerana nama kedai beliau big glass rupenye! kohkoh~~ (aritu tak ingat)

    p/s: mengapakah word verification ni suh aku eja 'pentat'? macam nak suh aku mencarut je? huhu..