Pretty Short Review for A Meh Book

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 Posted by Dils


I am taking a leaf from Re-arrange and posting a review on a book I read recently.(because I am busy tsk, tsk, so reviewing should not take much time and thoughts. Supposedly. Because my reviews are crappy)

Now lets start. I had just finished then reading the disappointing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I find Elizabeth Darcy (my ultimate favorite heroine ever in Story-land next to Anne Shirley and Emily) completely annoying in there.So I look forward to read this book, hoping it would be better.

It started off so beautifully. The presence of zombies and beheadment of those zombies, succubus assassin, powerful demons and then the stories went on ahead with no ending in sight but I am reaching to the back of the book and then I discovered that the story then flails at the end as if the writer do not know what to do with all the characters that he got in his hand. Bah! 

It really seems unfair. Like I said, the start of the stories sounds so promising, every characters seems so awesome. They continue to be awesome, but somehow the end leave me unsatisfied, almost angry that the writer choose to end it in this way. And I have no idea in what way could it be more satisfying. 

Also while the titled character is supposedly the central figure, I never felt like she was. It seems like it is a story of a group of people, coming to meet right at the end of the story. Disappointing I would say, on how the story pans out. Especially the Queen's story. And I kinda am irritated by her too.  She seems so.... unawesome and whiny. I do like Quimby and his zombie servant parts in the book. Those are delightful. But maybe I am just bias.



Dils like zombies in a book, but couldn't find a satisfactory read about zombies yet. She is still crossing her fingers and hoping to find a zombie lore so gore that she will shed a tear of joy.  Dils also writes at witherthorne.blogspot.com
Labels:
  1. baru je nak komplen mana Tuesday's post, tup tup dah kua. hehe..

    ok, i need to stop stalking other people's blogs.

  2. wah nadia... semua post ada komen u hahaha... nice2 ada pembaca tetap :D

    anyway dils, may i suggest World War Z by Max Brooks... I'm looking for one myself hehe

  3. eh tu la.. perlu kurangkan mengkomen supaya kelihatan seperti sedikit bizi di tempat kerja. huhu.. (dan tidak seperti stalker)

  4. Nia
    No shame in stalking. Unless you're stalking an ex blog. Hahahaha.


    Yoda
    Macam menarik. Aku wiki and decide bile nak beli. Hehe. Too bad I missed out on the Zombies Promo time Kinokuniya buat dulu. Damn tul.

  5. haha Dila, no no~ i don't stalk my ex's blog, but not sure whether they stalked mine. (they? cis kantoi byk ex. eh tapi u got more than mine kan dils? if i remember correctly la.. time skolah je pun dah byk kan? hehehe :p somehow i couldn't quite shake the memory of you saying ur current boyfriend at that time kata exboypren mase sekolah dulu tak kire, so kirenye before him tak banyak ex la. hehe.. ok sorry jika memori itu tak best)

  6. Hahha... tidak, ok je memori tu. Actually I can't remember which bf say that. Bah!

    Ko ingat kee? Hahaha.

  7. I think that was mase awal2 ko kat utp kot? around 2001 maybe? haha entah lah.. dah nak dkt 10 tahun, boleh abaikan :p