Tuesday

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 Posted by Dils
I used to hate Tuesday. Hate 'em. 

When I was in primary school, year after year, I looked at Tuesday timetable, and there it was. My dreaded subject. Maths. Blergh. And it would be double period of that. Jolly fun!  And usually it will be also coupled by a double period of K.H or Pendidikan Jasmani. I hate K.H because, I hate bertukang. I hate to sit in a workshop, I don't like the smell of sawdust. And I hate Pendidikan Jasmani. Yes, I am not a sporty type of person. Even now, I have never played even a half game of netball. God, I hate netball. But what I hate the most is the difficulties to get in and out of our sport clothes while crowding around in the minuscule school toilets and get into our school uniform while we are still sweaty. Yeuch.
Then in secondary school year after year, I looked through my timetables for Tuesday and still found that I will usually have Maths or Add Maths on Tuesday coupled with P.J and subjects that were taught by teacher that I loathe.Even when in uni, I seems to be getting the subjects that I like the least being placed in Tuesday. 

Not helping the matter is the pantang larang my mom, kept on telling me about. Tuesday is a bad day to cut off your nails, its a bad day to cut your hair, its a bad day to start a thing. Basically it is a bad day. 

There was once a spotcheck at school, you know when all the nosy pengawas will see if you have long fingernails or are wearing your kain dalam or have love bites at the neck, and I was caught with long fingernails. They provided a nail clipper and forced us to clip it there and then, and I was in the verge of tears resisting to clip off my fingernails because it is Tuesday and I believed if I clip off my fingernails a thunderbolt will come crashing down from a clear sky and smite me dead on the spot. The pengawas of course thought I was bluffing and being silly, and forced me nonetheless while looking incredulously at me. I cut it off and went about the day fearing that something awful had or will happened and I will suffer the consequences. Of course nothing happened, but I was never convinced.

So whenever Tuesday came, I usually start the day with dread and goes about the day listlessly, heaving a big sigh when I came to the end of the day feeling like I had escaped something dreadful but still thinking it was an awful day.

Nowadays, I viewed Tuesday as any other day. Maybe because I have a new hated day which is Monday. For the obvious reason. Nothing dreadful seems to happen on Tuesday nowadays, workload will come and go no matter the day. At least there is no Maths now? And the pantang larang for Tuesday , tak boleh potong kuku or hair, I never know the reason and never thought of asking. Many never heard of such things and looking through the internet, there is no mention of this superstition but still if I want to cut my hair or clip my nails, well, there is always another day. 

And as for this writing schedule, when I had been selected at random to write on Tuesday. I just raised my eyebrows at that. Hmmmmm.....




Dils write here on other day: witherthorne.blogspot.com. She only love the weekend, and any other day if steak is involved. Don't ask why she included steaks. Lunch consisting of tuna sandwich must be not enough.
Labels:
  1. I think Monday Blues trample all superstition... haha

  2. Anonymous

    Dils, does this superstition lies in johor only? coz atuk aku pun ckp mende sama. takleh potong kuku ari selasa or sabtu. In essence, the day started with S.

    Suwey kot. HAHAHA.

  3. Demn.. tetibe aku yang nama start dari S ni terase -_-"

  4. Sue: Monday blues surpassed all the other awful feelings I had in the past when Tuesday come.


    Adek: Aku tataw la betul ke tidak orang Johor je pikir camtuh. Ade aje orang Johor tak taw. Mungkin orang2 tua je kut..

  5. Tak penah dengar pun pantang hari selase tu?

  6. Prolly org Johor je kut taw. Hehe. Tah la