#011 - Movies Mania

Thursday, June 17, 2010 Posted by Unta@Jitra
Aaa...

Ok today I'm gonna write about movies review. For the past several days (weeks), I've been watching some of the latest movies. This is my personal opinion.

Iron Man 2


Was it great compared to the first installment? That's the first question movie goers will ask about a sequel. For me it was interesting, I would rate it just a bit below the first, but entertaining nonetheless. For those who are looking for some serious CGI, this movie is a must watch. I was quite pleased with the recent development of the local cinema improvement, they actually skipped the credit to show the after credit epilogue. Iron Man 3 or some other Marvel franchise will feature Thor, the guy with the lightning hammer.

Memorable scene: That compact-mobile iron man suit and the laser 1-hit kill. Awesome!


Ip Man 2


Almost similar title with similar sequel number lol. I watched the first one, with mouth wide open. I am a martial-art movie maniac. Seeing another martial art movie (post OngBak) was a good time for me. Ip Man was a Wing Chun style kung-fu grandmaster, and the sequel brought us back to Hong Kong. With the no-nonsense flying fat guy Sammo Hung, it was quite interesting movie with some nice fights. Due to the lack of martial art movies, I'll recommend this one. But it will be better if you watch the first one first, because of some recurring characters in the sequel.

Memorable scene: Round table fights and the ending of course (Bruce Lee). Take that you fukken gwai-lo!


When in Rome


Another RoCo (Romantic Comedy) with a quite nice casts. Nothing special but if you have a girlfriend (or boyfriend) and some extra cash, it was worth it. Not by going to the cinema (old movie already) but a DVD would suffice. It was a story about love at first sight, some magic, hilarious incidents and a happy ending.

Memorable scene: That Napoleon Dynamite guy :D


Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time


Gamers waited for this, and chicks loved that macho Gyllenhaal guy and I loved the princess. Was it good? Well it was OK for me because for me, casting an Arab guy will work better. It should be longer because I was not quite satisfied with the movie duration. Gamers would love all that jump roll climb action like they were playing the game. Great CGI. The brothers of the hero were a bit kayu. Overall it was OK.

Memorable scene: That slow motion deadly snakes attack.


The A-Team


I watched this series back when I was still a boy and the only thing I remember was Mr-T. The movie however was GREAT. With new casts (and old cast cameo in the end), it was action packed and hilarious at the same time. For those who never watch the series, it didn't matter because this movie was like a prequel.

Memorable scene: All BA Baracus scene involving flight, hilarious!


Will-watch list

1) Toy Story 3
2) Karate Kid
3) The Last Airbender
Labels: