#012 - Japan GT (Super GT)

Monday, June 21, 2010 Posted by Unta@Jitra
This is going to be a heavy load post (with images). Dial-up users be warned! (that was so 98's yo)

(Writing during Portugal - North Korea match) edit: kenot konsentret, 7-0 HOHO

Photobucket
Got awesome ticket, thanx Iyayy

Yesterday, I was in Sepang, watching Super GT (previously known as Japan GT). It was a spontaneous plan, suddenly I had this 'I have to go' feeling while getting my haircut. Ada geng, jalannn~

I always wanted to watch 'any' event at Sepang International Circuit, but due to laziness and no transport (and maybe cash), it was only a dream, well at least until yesterday.

Photobucket
I was HERE! Finally.

And I should have bought a pair of earplugs.

First I thought, meh this tuned road legal car, how noisy could it be? IT WAS FREAKIN LOUD! It was the loudest sound I've ever heard. I iz noob, I know... now.

A friend of Iyayy said last year was more happening, well I dunno. A bit boring I might say, with few canopies of company selling official merchandise, as well as those show off rich guys with their VIP tag and millions of RM car.

Photobucket
Like this Lambo

Photobucket
Or this car (race car)

Oh and a freakin expensive bottle of water (and all other foods).

I noticed a stage with lotsa photogs waiting. I thought they got this concert or something going but boy I was wrong. The MC started shouting 'Miss Yuka' or 'Miss Minami' or along that line and then I realized it was a stage for the famous Race Queens.

Photobucket
No.1


Photobucket
No.2 (EVA freak anyone?)


Photobucket
No.3


With FZ28 in hand, thinking that I could 'tapau' those DSLR in front, I started to snap and snap. Pity, most of the girls were not that 'iklan' cute. Not that I cared so much, it was freakin hot out here and I lost RM6 buying some flavored water.

After filling my SD Card with lotsa blurred photos, we headed to the grandstand, because the race was about to start. The race started with warmup session, and the cars started entering their respective position. More photog and public event (like meeting the driver and race queens stuff), after that ROLLING START!

Photobucket
Getting ready

Call me noobs but I couldnt enjoy the race so much because the thing was, both GT500 (500HP cars) and GT300 were racing at the same time. And I just didnt know how to cheer haha. Well, at least watching fast cars was interesting.

Photobucket
During the race


Photobucket
It was very hard to get a clear shot of a moving (damn fast) cars.

I thought my first time coming here in SIC was good enough, but hell the seating area was not well maintained. Felt a bit ashamed to those foreigner, with dirty chairs and all. This was not exactly what world class circuit looked like. One photog overheard Iyayy and me talking about the next year event and he joined our conversation, saying that maybe Singapore next year. Which means that no more Japan GT in Malaysia after this (since this race is considered Special Stage, the only race outside Japan).

Served us right. Clean the whole circuit for God's sake.

Photobucket
After race.

My target after this, F1... maybe
Labels: ,
  1. huhuhu.. at least duduk dkt grandstand better than duduk kat atas2 rumput tu kot?

  2. i want nekomimi. or better, french maid. *faint*

    :D