Some things are not meant to be consumed. Cockroach included

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 Posted by Dils
Food that I don't  want to be shoved in my throat again...

Negiyaki

Looked like this, taste like feet. I'm sorry. Usually people went gushing how wonderful some food are, so I want to list some horrible one. People said, tak baik, menolak makanan. True that, which is why it is fair we try a fair amount and try to finish it as decently as possible and then make a note to ourselves and others to not waste our money on that again.

I had just eaten the above bought from Jusco. I am still slightly gaggy. Try it at your own risk.


Mangosteen juice sold by the same people who sold Peel Fresh. Don't buy it. It is an abomination to mangosteen. I have my suspicion that they throw the whole part of a mangosteen and some other vile stuffs in there. I gulped it once and couldn't bring myself to gulp it more. 


This stuff on sushi. I don't know the name of it, but I type green stuffs in google and out came the picture of my horrible experience with sushi. Some type of seaweed obvs. Wow, Google, you rock.


Ok... those are the one that I shunned. As for eateries that I think are terrible, it really depends on taste and I guess cleanliness. Like there is one stall of nasi lemak that I refused to go again because the owner is too stingy in their sambal, even after we asked for more. I am sorry ye makcik, if you are selling nasi lemak, I think you need to be a little bit generous in the sambal department. My husband does not mind, even though he did grumbled that the sambal is too puny, but I refused to step foot in there again.

There is also one eatery that my friend love to goes to during uni times, but once I went there with my then boyfriend, my fried rice was served with a side of cockroach. I refused to touch food for 3 days afterwards due to that memory. I told my friends, but they nonchalantly shrug it off because they said the food is too good. And since my friends like to go there, I (the non-car owners) follow je la). Ermmm, so when I went there, I just ordered drinks, even then I slightly lose my appetite when I dined there. (Oh, and the  reason that makes me hate that shop is not so much the uncleanliness. It was when I complained, they flicked off the cockroach and set the food back to my table again. And they refused to replace another food. God damn shop owners).

So it really depends on which dealbreaker a food or the place is going to be, it differs from one person to another.

What turn you off?
Labels:
  1. food yg turn me off

    1.nasi yang ada batu kecik dalam tu,seriusly lepas tu macam hilang selera,makan gak la lepas tu dalam 3 suap,pastu cant take it anymore

    2. makanan di lorong lineclear,yg femes nasi kandar tu..tak boleh makan disitu,once pernah makan,husband love the nasi kandar there,tengah makan ada lipas terbang hinggap on his shoulder,absent mindedly dia sapu lipas tu,dan continue eating...blurghhhh! tikus besar2 lalu lalang tu normal la..kembang tekak dah ni..hahah

    3.lauk atau nasi yang ada rambut..once ada jumpa kuku..dia ni berniaga ke buat ilmu hitam,am not sure..human parts tidak perlu dalam makanan ye..uwekkk!

  2. food yg turn me off ade satu je, anything yg ade taugeh.

    full stop.

  3. i'm a hardcore eater... susah nk jumpa makanan yg turn off... i can eat almost everything... except for

    1) servis lambat... terus ilang selera
    2) makanan yg too sweet / too oily... pening kepala confirmed

    PANTANG TOK NENEK AKU org letak taugeh dalam SUP!!! i can eat taugeh, no prob... but taugeh in a soup is the sin of the highest order!

  4. Dila
    Nasi ade batu ok lagi, nasi yang ade kutu, aku agak turn off. kalo aku la yang kena basuh beras tu, lama gile aku menelek beras ade mende2 tak sepatutnye ke tak dalam tu. Sebab tu saya masak lambat. Hahaha. (dan senang, tak masak terus)


    And jumpa kukuuuuu... eiiiiiii... tak jejak dah kedai macam tu.

    Mee Sotong kat Fort Cornwallis camner? Nak gi situ next week.


    Sue
    Hehe.. itu aku ingat. Rasenye you penah mentioned. The only thing that I don't really touch is tauhu, tauhu yg goreng kosong macam tu je.


    Yoda
    Tapiiiii... soto dimakan bersama taugeh, dan ayam, dan daun bawang.... Adalah ingredients wajib untuk soto sup tuuu.

  5. (angkat tangan) turn off: daun ketumbar! - rasa lipas

  6. dils:mee sotong?tak pernah dengar la,ni first time?lama ke di penang?

  7. kucingorengemok
    I like daun ketumbar!


    Dila
    Rase pernah mentioned kat my blog post dulu. Mee sotong at fort cornwallis? Tataw la kalo org penang sebut tu lain kan. hehehe.

    Tak lama at penang. Sehari je. Rabu bermalam, khamis pagi dah tolak balik.

  8. tengok gambar negiyaki tu buat aku rase nak muntah. huk huk..