Road Trips

Thursday, April 1, 2010 Posted by Soraya Zainal
Your Thursday girl is writing on her birthday. Say 17th Happy Birthday to me, yipppieeee yey!

***********************
Excerpt from Wikipedia:

A road trip is a journey via automobile, sometimes unplanned or impromptu, or a journey involving sporting game(s) away from home [1], thus encompassing any journey by automobile, regardless of stops en route.


My father loves driving, at least when he was younger (Now, I was his alternative driver). Every time we need to travel to Kuala Lumpur he will make sure we left early so he got enough time to drive along the kampung road; from one small town to another small town.

We usually stop at various eateries, shopped at different fruit stalls and sometimes even buying whatever odds that people sold alongside the road. I didn't enjoy it at all, thus I always... always sulked when my father wanted to have any road trips. I was restless sitting at the back of our family car and would get cranky.



I didn't get the concept of road trips until I got to be a driver myself. Owh, I still prefer the highway than the kampung road, mainly because I can push my car speed limit :P

I spend my last weekend driving up north to attend the company's annual getaway event. A road trip with three other girls. We get along splendidly, so we planned another road trip exactly one month from now... after we get our next pay check. The destination will still be up north, but we planned to go a little bit further. The hotels have been booked, so there's no bailing out now!

Surely, road trips took up more time and expenses. But, if you got the time to spend and are willing to sacrifice the luxury of airplanes or being driven in a bus or train... why not?

So, any road trip lovers out there?



P/s: I got to be in Cameron Highlands and Genting in the same week! Now, I wonder why some people called my car prebet sapu when I was in UTP?




Okay, I lied. This is a scheduled post. I am actually on leave because I don't want to wake up cursing why I need to wake up early on my birthday. I am going to spend the day with a girl friend or maybe a boy friend. Crap, I have double booked myself. If you want to know what happen on my birthday the previous years, feel free to drop by http://sorayazainal.blogspot.com.
Labels: ,
  1. Saya suka road trip only when i'm not the one driving. hehe selfish much?

    no lar, i love road trips! I remembered one time when me n my girlfrenz decided to go on a roadtrip to Gold Coast. wuuuuu best giler! just us girlz being girlz. no boyz, weeeeheeee~~!