Do Cars Have Feelings?

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 Posted by Soraya Zainal
If Dils is mourning for the lost of her series in the kaput hard disk, I am now sulking because my car was mad at me... I think -_-"

I am now flat broke even though I just received salary adjustment earlier this month.

It started two weeks ago after I discussed with my father about a probability that I need to buy a new car. As my youngest brother will started his college life next year, this car will be handed down to him. Since then, my beloved car started to "have issues" with me, financially none the less.

Hey, it will just be handed down... not sold! Isk...

The first signal was when my new jacket and shawl that I normally left at my car seat vanished into thin air. I tried to track my steps back into the Perodua service centre but nobody in the centre seemed to admit that they removed anything from my car seats during vacuuming. But, well... nobody will, right?

Then, my car broke down at the side road earlier last week. That alone cost me a few hundred and a day to get it fixed. Yes, this happen just a few days after I spend hundreds of ringgit at the service centre.

But, the best part is yet to come.

Yesterday my car was being towed away by DBKL for illegal parking. 

Hey, most of my colleagues parked their cars there during the meeting. Everyone was illegally parked, but not everyone received a compound tickets.. but.. why oh why you choose only my car to be towed away? I was almost in tears when I saw my car was not in its parking position yesterday afternoon and a short call to DBKL confirmed my worst nightmare.

Well, they managed to make me flat broke yesterday no matter how much drama I tried to make at the towing office. I even brought along my friend who was 7 months pregnant as my savior to raise sympathy from the officer. (She willingly followed me and even managed to add some spice to the drama). 

Call me desperate... *sigh*

This alone has set me broke by  4 digits this month.

P/s: Now, I am scared to even think about the car that I wanted to buy. Can cars be a psychic too?
Labels:
  1. Aiyoo kesiannye... aku nk beli kereta pon byk kali pikir sampai skrg xbeli2 lg haha...

    Beli kereta ni mcm investment aa... kadang2 dia byk tolong kita kdg2 bila dh meragam, itu risk hehe

    Lek... maybe ada benda baik nk jadi sape tau

    P/S: Will update later... aku utang 3 entries dh kot haha

  2. sue, bukan je kereta, handphone, pc, laptop and motor pun ada perasaan. maybe we give away some vibe which speaks of unwanted hence it does vibrate thru our body to these things. funny enough, it does happened every now and then to most people.

  3. yoda: aku pon rase kesian dengan diri sendiri... huhu

    mangi: yerp, maybe. kan selalu kalau orang cakap rumah kosong akan cepat rosak? maybe sebab "semangat" tu kot.. huhuhu

  4. kalau utk aku sue, it is always regarding shoes. dgn aku yg tak banyak kasut ni.. everytime say it out loud nak kena beli kasut baru, sure kasut yg tgh pakai tu esoknye akan putus or tapak tanggal or whatnot.
    kereta pon penah gak..ada one time we discussed about getting a new car otw back to melaka. tup2 dah sampai rumah makngah azhar, then later nak balik, terus engine takleh start :P