A few mangas. Some strong feeling.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 Posted by Dils
This past week I had been obsessed over reading Manga. I'd never been an avid manga reader, I think previously, I only had read 3 manga, Gokusen, Hana Yori Dango and Basilisk. Oh probably some others I forgotten, but read it briefly.


Gokusen manga is - awesome and funny!!! Way more satisfying than the drama. Of course, right. The drama is too chock full of moral values. I found myself reading the manga 3 times, and never getting bored.


HYD is tiring to read. - The first few chapters is nice but then Tsukushi started to get annoying with all her wavering. I finished it and try to finish the manga the second round, but got too sick of all the drama.


Basilisk - Is kinda brutal. Not a satisfying ending but the character they created was interesting. I could say the movie was way more awesome.


Slam Dunk - Because once upon a time in boarding school, everybody was reading it and we're all anticipating whenever anybody bought the new manga. The days when manga are bought and internet connection are scarce.

So looking at my preference so far, I seem to like the shoujo and josei type of manga. So I'd finished reading the above and was itching for more. I blindly looked around and was recommended Moe Kare. A shoujo manga.



It is about:
Wakamiya Hikaru is a 15-year-old teenager who wants a boyfriend that'll protect her. She likes to read shoujo manga all the time. One day, she gets kissed by a handsome, perverted boy who she called the "Perverted Prince." Later on, she finds a guy who looks exactly like him, but the eyes are different. What's going on?

The plot is decent enough and the story does not meander around needlessly, say like HYD. But what pisses me off is how the character keep bursting into tears.

The guy she likes touched her. ->She is overflowing with tears. *while I read, I rolled my eyes*

She told the guy she like him.-> She is overflowing with tears. *while I read, I gritted my teeth*

The guy confesses to him -> She started tearing up. *while I make unnecessary noises"

She lost the phone the guy gave to her. -> She burst to tears and go to unnecessary length to find it. * I felt like kicking the heroine*

She wanted to explain some unnecessary drama, -> The waterworks start again.. * I swore I kicked the table next to me imagining it is Hikaru*

So weepy a heroine, made Dils feel kicky.I try to make it rhyme. To be fair, she did man up considerably after getting dumped. So yeah. But I still do not like her.

Also there is a scene where the hero undressed her and try to rape her while she is unconcious. Well, of course he decided to not go ahead with it, but it just feels so icky and make me feel murderous.Furthermore the heroine have no idea about it even to the end of the story. Really?

This is also the reason why I can never really like Doumyoji Tsukasa in the manga where he told a group of boys to rape her and try to do it himself. Urgh. While Tsukushi manage to give him a wallop for that, but Tsukasa never really apologized or expressed regrets on those actions. Which is why I never rooted for him and found it a tad bit blah that she didn't go for Rui.

And also one of the reason that I am uncomfortable reading some of these manga where the hero try to force himself onto the girl and the girl assented. Grrrr. At least in Shuukatsu Kimi ni Naitei ( a cute manga that I am reading at the moment and heartily approve of, character-wise, plot-wise, story-wise) the girl slapped the guy and he apologized and come to his senses. Finally! A mangaka who realized how despicable those Rape is Love acts. The heroine is a bit weepy though, but less irritating than Hikaru.

I guess after a few manga reading, the one that I liked most reading is a manga called Spicy Pink. The heroine don't go around aimlessly tearing up if a guy like her or not. If something bothering her, she quickly asked what is the matter. Discussing things in a clear, rational manner! Gasp! Even heroines in TVs rarely does that! So I love that manga, the only complaint is that it is too short.


Dils will continue reviewing manga if she find it too irritating like weepy Hikaru from Moe Kare or if she like it enough.
Labels:
  1. doraemon kira manga ke?saya ada semua collection doramenon,i collected during uni years,ye uni years pasal masa kecik tak mampu beli :P

    kona kona kininna dekitara e eena...lalalala <---lagu doreamonmain belasah je

  2. alo alo~ i normally don't read shojo mangas, but i love love love Strobe Edge. a lot of my friends yg tak baca manga or hate shojo got hooked with Strobe Edge. maybe u should give it a try. sekian, time kasey.

  3. hoho saya cuma baca slam dunk dan dragon ball. tu pun mase sekolah2 dulu dan sebab my brothers beli and I just tumpang bace. huhu.. yang lain2 tu tak penah dgr la.. tp penah la tgk Hana Yori Dango punye series. Mengarut, tapi entertaining. so layan je la. huhu..

  4. Dila
    Doraemon tu manga jugak. Cuma dah biasa dalam kepala panggil tu komik. hehe.


    lalala
    Macam menarik jugak. Nanti boleh usha. Thanks!

    Nia
    Hana Yori Dango tu agak mengarut kan. Tapi Hana Yori Dango yg 2, dah macam... eiiii.. sudah2 la tu problem.