Make Up Entry #4: Kisah Kedai Tomyam

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 Posted by dueng
I was with wifey when she was in Dungun for her job interview that we encountered a classic case how Malay owned shop just plainly throwing rudeness to our face.

It was dinner time and by God, we was hungry. We stopped by at a seafood/tomyam/masakan panas restaurant which you could find aloooottt in east coast. The restaurant that we choose was a good appearance restaurant, a clean one at that. That does score few point with me. We take a seat and we wait for the waitress. And the tragedy enfold:-

1) The waitress couldn't speak properly. She mumble and fumble along the conversation.

2) No air buah! But in the menu was stated all sort of air buah including air kelapa. When I asking what other air buah not available, she just asked me to order any air buah and she will then tell me if the air buah available or not. And she said it rudely.

3) After placing our order, the waiting time just killing us. We have to wait up to 15 minutes for our drinks.

4) The food finally arrived after 45 minutes. But my sotong goreng tepung wasn't there. The sotong was done for the day. It's a seafood restaurant but not even 9.30 p.m. and your seafood already done? WTF!

5) I try to place order for kerang bakar. But the waitress not even bother to look at our table. I finally called the guy who deliver the food to our table but he was too busy with delivering order and ask me to place my order to the guy at the bakar-bakar station.

6) The restaurant not even half full of customers and almost half of the customers didn't get their drinks even after 30 minutes.

7) The price is not the most expensive in town but it did make me feel cheated for the service.

8) The food quality is so-so. I asked for sup perut but there were only like 6-7 thinly sliced perut.

As what I observed, classic seafood/tomyam/masakan panas restaurant owned by Malay could have any of below things to happen:

1) Dirty floor

2) Kucing kurap is around

3) Tight face waiter/waitress

4) "Ada duit kecik tak?"

5) No greetings or smile thrown

6) Painfully slowly prepared food

7) Waiter/waitress that busy with handphone/chit chat/watching TV

8) Waiter/waitress that give you nasty look when you enter the restaurant

Please...add more in comment section.

I hugely disappointed by the same group of people who give you nasty racist remarks when we preferred Chinese or Indian restaurant when the same group of people couldn't deliver good service. These people moaning that Malays should help Malays but it wasn't right to help Malays if they didn't even want to help themselves.

Otherwise, I will keep looking for good eatery..I don't care about who owned it or operated it. I just want to enjoy my food. When will these people start picking up instead of moaning around?

Labels: , ,
  1. hohoho lambat dpt makanan ketika perut tgh lapar mmg menimbulkan kemarahan..

  2. tau takpe. rasa nak lempang je akak yang amik order tu. lapor gile ok. ;P