Double Delights - Diabetic Attack!

Saturday, May 29, 2010 Posted by dueng
Double posting from me this week. My apologies I couldn't make it last week. I was hospitalized due to high sugar blood level. My sugar blood level was 26.9 from normal at 5-9 for adult. The issue starts genetically cause my mom having diabetes since 1990. It's in the gene and with my obesity and chaotic meal schedule, the inevitable just ticking like time bomb. I was hospitalized for a week and recovering now resting at home.

My diet was ok from sugar POV but not from carb POV. I always work late hence dinner always late at night. I'm might not taking much carb for dinner but continuously, it contributes to the diabetic domino. The advice from my attending physician was to reduce my weight and it will greatly affect my diabetes issue. My obesity was the triggering point of the diabetic attack thus if I could get control of it, I should do just fine considering I'm still at young age and not addicted to soda/coke. And no more carb late at night for me.

It was a hellish experience though it was a tad bit fun having so much time for myself. I must confess, this is the first time I'm hospitalized hence everything was exciting for me. Haha.

My advice is check your family health background and identify your probable inherited disease cause it might get to you earlier than you thought. :D
Labels: