Percy Jacksons Series of Book

Wednesday, May 5, 2010 Posted by Anonymous
This is a bookworm talking. I will post this second post as a compensation of not writing last week. I just wanted to express that..

I am totally in love of reading all these books! No, I only have the first, second, and fourth books at the moment. Completed the first and second. I haven't got the chance (and money) to buy the whole set. Anyone wanted to give me the whole set as a birthday gift? Kohkohkohkoh


The story of Percy Jackson revolved around the half-blood and Greek mythology, which I always loved to know and hear about it. All the Gods and Goddesses - from Zeus to Hades, Hermes to Athena, the satyr.. mmbekk!! :P

Compared to the movie "Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief" (which is based on the first book), it doesn't do justice although the movie itself is entertaining (which is why I dig the book after knowing it is based on a children book).

Compared to the "Clash of the Titans", I'd rather watch Percy Jackson. Seriously. More humour, more fun, more integration with the real world, it just make your imaginations go wild.

True, some of the facts may not be correct in Percy Jackson, such as "Perseus is Poseidon's son" when in fact it was Zeus, but those incorrect facts are being told of the reason in the books.

*No, I won't tell you why. That is such a spoiler and I hate spoiler."

Ahh... enough ranting. What's your favourite book series?

P/s: You know what I wonder? I wonder why our history or mythology is not as cool as Greeks. Wait, is there any cool mythology in Asia?
Labels:
  1. Asia mythology is better what... More cool...

    Dig out about Japan God and Goddess. Amatera-su la... What ever la...

    I think it is as cool as greeks'. Hehehehe...

  2. nice ke buku neh adeq? ke mmg budak2 kecik punya buku hehe

    ah kene topap buku neh... bila nak ushar2 bukuu murah lagi? dils please update warehouse sale buku kthx

  3. Yeah, Asia mythology banyak je best. And even cerita pasal Hindus gods lebih kurang drama macam Greek gods gaks.


    Macam menarik je buku-buku ituuuu. I heard the books was quite nice and many reviewers pon agreed Percy Jackson nye movie lagi superior than Clash of The Titans. Tak boleh nak komen pasal tu because I didn't watch Clash of the Titans. Trailer nampak cam bosan.


    Warehouse book sales selalunye end of year. Tunggu Big Bad Wolf lor.

  4. Anonymous

    fikri: hohoho. okeh asia maybe ada kot yg cool. malaysia ada tak? hehehe :P

    yoda: nice2~ mmg budak2 kecik punya buku la..light reading kisah budak2 gi adventure jumpa monster itu ini. Tp twist citer dia kat ujung2 mmg bestt...mmg boleh jadik FFFFUUUUUU gak la. jgn ko expect buku dia berat ckp psl politik ke psycho2 ke tadak la..

    dils: clash of the titans is more on adventure. citer dia agak slow for a full-of-action movie. well, at least the CGI is ok. dils, post a blog to notify us once the big bad wolf is confirmed!

  5. my fave series: Harry Potter of course :)

    saya dah tengok percy jackson n the lightning thief the movie, tapi xleh compare dgn clash of the titans sbb tidak menonton yg itu. dah tengok iron man 2 however, dan saya rase ia awesome! hehe (terkeluar tajuk sikit)

  6. Anonymous

    nia, if u can enjoy harry porter, u can enjoy percy jackson of course. :D but believe me, the book is better! movie tu dia dah pendekkan and simplifykan sgt2.. (maybe pasal director dia tak pk nak sambung kot).

  7. ye, biaselah tu.. seperti movie harry potter juga. sudah sgt sgt di simplify ;)