Vampires here, does not sucks. Not literally.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 Posted by Dils
Note: Should be yesterday post. But laziness + fever does not make Dils a prolific blogger.

This is a very girly fan-sy post.


Vampire Diaries. It rocks.

I watched it initially because only because of Ian Somerhalder. Those who don't know him, need to see this and understand why come morning during the weekend, the first series I am itching to watch is Vampire Diaries.

The Hotness, It Burns. (I took that 'quote' from a forum btw)


At first it started kinda shaky. Everybody seems so cliche. The dreamy hunky vampire guy (reminisce of Angel), the bad boy (reminisce of Spike), Elena - (even seems to be abit like Sookit Stackhouse).

But then around episode 6 or 8, the series found it feet. And boy, it does so in time. The story does not meander. We can see the arc and the writers execute it nicely. Every episode ends with a cliffhanger, but the writers do not drag out the stories and beat it to a pulp. The characters, cliche as they were at first begin to branch out becoming more human, not caricature ( this is what 90210 does to their characters). A+ for character development. All of the characters are extremely likable, only 1 person make me feel stabby, but that maybe because she tried to kill Damon (Ian Somerhalder) so I am a tad bit bias. If I am so incline to channel TWOP Raoul the Gay Dragon I would say" DEATH TO THOSE WHO WOULD HARM OR TRY TO SINGED THE HOTNESS CURVED EYEBROWS!" (Sorry, that is an injoke for those who read TWOP recaps)

Like I said, I started to watch it to roll my eyes around, then the series begin to get quite good and compelling. Nowadays the first thing I looked forward comes weekend is eating breakfast while watching Vampire Diaries. It is that good.

Why does the show turned my dislike of the show to absolute love. 

1. I like that most of what they show is not pointless. Most character and scenes have impact to the main cast and the ripples from these characters and scenes can be seen many episode onwards.

2. The characters is not pathetic nor ditzy. Elena is meh at first then become awesome. Caroline is irritating at first then become ... I couldn't find the word yet. Pathetic? (Edit later: Ops! I know. A many layered person. She have great range). They know their weakness, they don't revel in it, they try to make improvement. Hence great character development.

3. Got great supporting older cast.Gossip Girl, Rufus and Lily are just not necessary to be always to be thrown obstacles in their life while here Alaric, Jenna and Uncle John is extremely watchable. Well, Jenna may need some improvement, but they know where to push her into the scenes. And not incorporate a story just for a sake of a story for the actor, e.g. Rufus and Lily.

4. The hotness of the cast does help also la kan. Aside from Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley (Stefan) have quite a chiseled abs that he likes to show off, Zach Roerig (Matt) is lovable and of course the girls are extremely pretty.

5. The vampires do not sparkle.

The finale was fantastic and frustrating because I don't want **** nor **** to die! And I have to wait months before I know if they really 'kick the bucket'.

Lets hope Season 2 does not sucks.


Yeah, I totally wrote this while not feeling too right on the head.
Labels:
  1. mengapakah saya tidak pernah mendengar tentang cerite ini? di channel manakah ini? err.. tapi dah habis ye? ok terlambat. huhu..

  2. shhhh..

    saya donlod.

    Don't think so dah keluar kat Astro, but maybe in a few months ade kut keluar. So if ade, you need to watch it!

    Semata-mata tengok lelaki ensem yang ade 6 packs. Hahaha.