A dummy guide to air mata kucing

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 Posted by Dils
Air mata kucing is one of my absolute favorite drink ever since in my personal opinion it is such a great thirst quencher. My mom always made it during the berbuka puasa for Ramadhan. 

Because I hardly see it anywhere else, except for the Petaling Street Air Mata Kucing which I drank occasionally but gotten quite sick of it because it is too pekat for my liking, I made my own recently. Yeay! Asked mom before this on how to made it and she kinda rolled her eyes and explained to her incredibly ignorant daughter whom are an ignoramus on all things domestic on how to make it. Very easy that I wept for my inadequacies in sense and skills in the kitchen that I didn't figure it out earlier. 

Thus if any of you maidens (or not so maiden) or gentlemen, feel like making it.... mari mari, I tell.

1. Beli the dried mata kucing packets from a sensei near you. Probably it is located somewhere in a supermarket, but I can only find myself around the canned food. So to make your life easier, kedai sensei kan ade.

2. Put a pot of water to boil.

3. Add in the dried mata kucing, daun pandan left it to boil and simmer and put the lid on it. Add sugar to your liking.

4. It should turn out like this.

5. Best served iced/cold, so I usually refrigerate it first. 

Quantity? Its really up to you. Berapa banyak ko mahu buat or berapa pekat / manis you like the air mata kucing. I don't  like mine too sweet nor pekat, so the packet of mata kucing ada lagi setengah. 

Senang? Tak senang? Boleh jadi domestic goddess begini?





Dils is not a domestic goddess despite her attempts. However she does like to try and/but fail spectacularly. And also this is a quick entry since all she can think about is this.
Labels: